At North Highland, we believe strong communities are those which allow everyone to be economically empowered by their own definition of success. Our philanthropic efforts use our consulting expertise along with our passionate employees to help disrupt root causes of poverty in the communities in which we live and work. Disrupting poverty is very complex. No single individual or organization has all the answers but together we will make a profound difference. Throughout 2017, we worked with a variety of community partners in five initial pilots on our journey to end poverty:
- Provided analysis and strategic direction to a micro non-profit’s core program focused on assisting transitional youth aging out of the foster-care system.
- Supported a multi-party initiative by developing a strategic roadmap and serving in an advisory capacity to help establish an advanced manufacturing facility to put under/unemployed people back to work.
- Created a ‘social impact accelerator’ model in one metro area that brought together several non-profits focused on workforce development, including those exploring social enterprise in poverty resolution.
- Analyzed and made strategic recommendations to a private foundation in support of a project that enhances veterans’ abilities to successfully participate in the job search process.
- Developed a replicable, scalable and sustainable intervention program methodology for a small non-profit’s efforts in support of at-risk, inner-city youth.
We were inspired by the opportunity to contribute to those in-need through formal engagements, as well as through the hundreds of hours of volunteerism and community service by North Highlanders in our various markets. As we look ahead to 2018, we look forward to partnering with new organizations and our clients as we work together to disrupt the root cause of poverty.